For almost 100 years, the area which now has been transformed into the beautiful Mjøsparken was an industrial site. In 1916, the first sawmill was established on the lakeside plot.
The timber came on the waterway, and was stored in the water. The sawmill was decommissioned in 1940, but the area was used for timber storage until 1998. Remnants of this period are still to be found in Mjøsparken.
The pump towers
Two old pump towers remain in the park. The oldest one was built around 1941 when the local factory started producing wall boards based on bi-products such as saw dust and planer shavings. This production demanded large amounts of water, and thus the pump tower and a water line was established. Both pump towers were in use until 2019. The northern tower has been kept as a cultural heritage site, while the southern tower still supplies water to the industrial areas of Moelven Langmoen AS and Tine Meieriet Brumunddal.